Nursery Open Days
If your child is entitled starting Nursery in September 2024, please come along to one of our Nursery Open Days. There is no need to book, just turn up!
Tuesday 6th February 2024 at 9:30am and 2pm.
Thursday 22nd February 2024 at 9:30am and 2pm.
Our Nursery provides a first step on your child’s school journey. It is a teacher led facility and children are able to join in the September after their third birthday. This is the academic year before they are due to join Reception.
It is open Monday to Friday term time only and can accommodate a maximum of 39 children per session.
Funded Hours Information.
All children are eligible for the free 15 statutory hours Nursery funding the term after their third birthday.
School offers 30 hour Nursery provision for eligible families who meet the eligibility criteria set by HMRC. This criteria can be viewed here: https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare
Parents are responsible for providing eligibility codes to the school, if they are accessing 30 hour provision
In September 2024, we will be offering 4 options of provision
- 30hrs Government funded childcare from 8.45am until 3.20pm.
- 30hrs provision made up of 15 hrs Government funded free childcare and additional 15hrs, to be paid for by yourselves at a cost of £20/day or £10 for half a day session.
- 15hrs Government funded free child care spread over 2.5 days – all day Monday + Tuesday 8.45am – 3.20pm and up to Wednesday Lunchtime (11.45am)
- 15 Government funded free childcare over 2.5 days – Wednesday Afternoon (from 12.20pm) and all day Thursday + Friday 8.45am – 3.20pm.
On the days that your child is in provision all day, Parents would be required to provide a packed lunch for their children and there would be a £2.50 charge for lunchtime supervision. This would be £12.50 per week for option 1 or 2 and £5 per week in option 3 and 4.
Admissions to Nursery
Our Nursery has the capacity to accommodate 39 full-time places. We are unable to go over this number. Admissions take place each September. Eligible children can apply at any point within the year and will be allocated a place if one is available.
If our Nursery is over-subscribed places will be allocated through the application of the following criteria, in priority order.
- Children who require 30 hours who are in public care including adopted children who were previously in care and children who leave care under a special guardianship or order
- Children who require 30 hours who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
- Children who require 30 hours who do not have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
- Children who require 15 hours who are in public care including adopted children who were previously in care and children who leave care under a special guardianship or order
- Children who require 15 hours who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
- Children who require 15 hours who do not have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
When there is over subscription, the distance between the child’s home and school, measured by a straight line distance from the Ordnance Survey address point of the home to the main entrance to the school building, will be used to decide who is given a place. Those living nearest being given the available places. Where the offer of places to applicants with equi-distant addresses would lead to oversubscription, the decision of who will be offered the place will be made by random selection.
You can access our full admissions policy for the academic year 24/25 by clicking HERE
Applications need to be submitted using the schools online application. This will go live from Friday 9th February 2024 and the submission system deadline by the Monday 8th April 2024. Parents will be informed of the outcome of their application on Monday 15th April 2024.