At Silsden Primary School, we believe that promoting children’s healthy lifestyles and participation in sport and is a key role of the school.
- All children have two hours of PE in their timetable each week.
- Children learn to swim in Year 4.
- Playtimes are active with children encouraged to devise their and manage their own team games.
- Pupil Premium children are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular sport through places being funded by the school’s Pupil Premium Special Fund.
- Our annual Sports Week and Sports Days promote the benefits of sport and combines a ‘sport for all’ approach with competition.
- Children are motivated to succeed in Sports Day competitions by competing for the House Cup and for individual medals.
- Silsden Primary School teams take part in a series of leagues and tournaments over the year including football, netball, cricket, swimming, basketball, tag rugby, rounders, boccia, hockey and athletics. Participation in teams is ensured for children from a range of abilities.
- Healthy eating is promoted with a balanced school meal offer and the promotion of healthy food choices – particularly encouraging 5-a-day.
- Active and safe travel to school is promoted through our Bike It School programme and Bikeability programme for year 6 pupils.
- We offer talented young sports people specific sport to develop their sporting potential. They are encouraged to join our extra-curricular provision or signposted, and supported, to attend local clubs. This may be supported with Sports Grant funding.
Click the link below to see how we spent our Sports Grant for Sept 22-23