Our vision for your children is that they will be;
- Able to make healthy, safe choices
- Effective communicators who are confident to express themselves
- Imaginative, creative and independent 21st century thinkers
- Ambitious, confident and resilient
- Responsible, active and empathetic citizens
- Excited, enthusiastic and able to learn more
- Adventurous & self-assured in the great outdoors
Early Years and Foundation Stage
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) In Nursery and Reception we teach a bespoke curriculum enabling all children to ‘fall in love with learning’. Our curriculum is based upon the following statutory standards for learning and non-statutory guidance.
- Statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Development Matters – Non-statutory curriculum guidance for EYFS
- Silsden Primary School EYFS Curriculum Goals
- Silsden Primary School EYFS Skills Progression Map
- Long term plan: an overview of the themes taught across the academic year in Nursery and Reception
Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 (KS1 & KS2)
From Y1 to Y6, our children follow the 2014 National Curriculum. You can read or download the full National Curriculum here.
Each year group has a topic every half-term that helps to link learning across the curriculum. A list of our topics for 2022/23 can be accessed here
An overview of how each subject is taught (as a Silsden Primary child progresses through KS1 and KS2) can be found below.